20150627

Something Precious

If there's one thing to be said about the online bicycle community, it's that they're honestly some of the best people around.  Over the years I've made so many wonderful friends and have learned so much.  People here are always willing to help, to offer advice, even to sometimes do things that I thought were impossible.  

I received a gift today from one of these people.  

A fully restored XB3 Српинт.
I know what this frame meant to the friend who I received it from, and I can honestly say that receiving it moved me to tears.  Thank you, Alex, for being such a good friend and letting me question you to death about Soviet bikes.  You have no idea how much it means to me!  

Everything, down to the decals, is perfect.
I will do my best to do this frame justice.  And I will pay this forward in the future, somehow! 

1980 Moscow Olympics decal!!
There are a few more photos of this lovely frame over on Flickr, and I'll be searching for more XB3 parts to get it built up.  Every time I look at this XB3 I'll be reminded of how fortunate I am to have made such amazing friends - and that is truly what's precious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise