20130312

Takhions? Takhions.

I received a request over on Reddit to post an album of these guys.  I'm constantly in a state of moving parts around and doing little things here and there, so these are not perfect, but here are my Takhions in their glorious current states.   

Takhion Aero TT with Takhion bars and a kevlar 666 Wheel.  Currently set up with a Miche crankset and a Mavic Askium front wheel.  The tubular on the disc needs to be reglued.  This bike is in beautiful condition.



It took me a long time to find these bars.  Close up of the handlebar mount and the bars themselves, which need to be wrapped and plugged.

I don't know much about these discs, other than the name and materials.  They are called either 666 Wheels or Fluidiscs, and are made of kevlar and titanium.  Searching "kevlar disc" returns the most information.  I don't know the age of this particular disc.  I've been searching for a matching front for this bike. 

Another Takhion Aero TT, with the teal and white paint that I love so much.  I don't know the story behind the disc on this one.  I just dismantled and did some work to the fork, removing some slight surface rust, applying new clear coat, and polishing the metal clamps.  The bars are 3TTT's pursuit bars for these style bikes, made sometime in the eighties.  I am currently in the process of restoring this frame, hence the minimal setup.

The internals of the headset.  Not the original bolt, but it still functions nicely.  Unfortunately this frame is missing the headset cap. 

My Takhion Temp, which I have written about before.  The fork is currently in need of repair.  I have been trying to find someone here who will repair it, but with no luck.  I am hoping that perhaps if I become proficient enough in framebuilding I might be able to either repair it myself or build a replacement.  This is the only Takhion of this model that I have ever seen, or know of. 

Hang in there buddy.  I won't give up on you. 

Takhions are hands down the most beautiful bikes in existence. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Would you be interested in swapping a track takhion frame to a time trial one with the short head tube?

    Would be great if you could drop me an email to donataspabreza@gmail.com

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are interested, i would love to buy one of these frames. please let me know if you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's talk! Send me an e-mail at aeyoqengmail.com :]

      Delete
    2. There should be an at sign in between aeyoqen and gmail...

      Delete

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise