20170331

Six Months

It's funny how things go sometimes.

Four and a half years ago, I wrote a post with the same title as this one.  It was nearly six months after I had moved from Los Angeles to the Bay Area to for a wonderful new job.

Today, I'm writing almost the exact same post.  

I again left Los Angeles nearly six months ago to go after my dream job that I had always thought was so out of reach.  But here I am.  

I miss LA dearly.  The cycling community there was the best I've ever seen, and the friends I made and places I rode are with me every day.  I'm so fortunate that I got to spend an amazing summer riding with SWAT, tearing up Encino Velodrome, bombing Griffith Park and spending every Wednesday morning on the LA River Trail for Camp Coffee.  It wasn't nearly long enough, but I'm so glad that I had it, even for such a short time.  

Being back here in the bay is wonderful in its own way, and I am slowly starting to get back up and running.  My little shop now exists, I am riding with a group of people at work, and starting to explore the hills of the east bay.

Sorry that I've been away - I've been too busy riding to update this little blog of mine.  But, like I wrote last time I returned from Los Angeles, maybe I can change that again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise