20120127

You Wanna Race?

Competition always gets the best of me.  

I wish I could say I was a better loser.  But I'm not.  There's something about being on a bike and seeing someone up ahead of me that triggers an instant response.  Same with someone passing me - I immediately go into race mode.
But the thing that grinds my gears the most is the people that break laws and then pass me.  If you're faster than me, that's cool.  I respect that, grudgingly, but respect nonetheless.  But if you're running stop signs and passing me?

Oh HELL no.

I'm talking about you, Mr. I'm-too-good-to-stop-at-stop-signs-and-lights-even-though-there-are-cars-there.  Watching you disrupt traffic and give the rest of us law abiding cyclists a bad name was enough to throw me into a complete state of fury.  And even though I dislike you, seeing you almost get hit multiple times just isn't cool.

Which is why you found yourself being passed at high speeds by the girl on the steel commuter with panniers.  You know, the girl that climbed that massive hill faster than you.  The girl that did stop at all the signs, lights, and obeyed the traffic laws in general.  The one that still left you in the dust.

Yeah, I saw the look of defeat on your face.  

Maybe now you'll get off your carbon high horse and start obeying the law a bit more.

2012 Distance Count: 182 Miles | 292.9 Kilometers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise