20130711

Hindsight is 20/20

Some days if I'm in the right mood I'll bike the entire way home after work.  It doesn't happen often because I work long hours, usually end the day hungry enough to eat my bike, and the route that time of day is The Windtunnel From Hell, but every once in a while I decide to do so.  

This was not one of those days.

That's two trains.  One trying to push the other.
One of Caltrain's amazingly efficient fleet breaks down at least once a month or so, and this particular day I arrived at the station after work to find one train trying to push the other off the tracks because I guess it just decided it didn't want to go anymore.  

The train that was pushing, by the way, was also blocking a main road.

Train, as far as the eye can see.
Since one side was blocked, trains were singletracking alternately, meaning everything was delayed and that the bike car was a cluster of madness.

The name of the savior-train was Operation Lifesaver.
Somewhere during the climbing over bikes in the bike car and a man glaring at me looking like he was about to eat me because I accidentally bumped him with my wheel due to there being no other place for me to go, I realized that I should have followed my gut and ridden home that day.  

Also, I got home about an hour after I would of had I ridden.  Lesson learned!

This happened a few weeks ago, but there's always exciting Caltrain news.  Like the man stealing bikes at the Hillsdale station yesterday.  If you ride public transit, stay close to your bike, or a Sharks Jersey clad maniac might hop on during a stop and nab it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise