20131110

Outside My Comfort Zone

I'm really, really unfamiliar with mountain bikes.  Thankfully, I know how to adjust derailleurs, which is all this bike really needs, otherwise I'd have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

This thing is massive.
There's some slipping that's happening while shifting, so I'll do some cable and derailleur adjusting and check bearings and such while I'm at it.  Some grease and a good cleaning will do this bike good.  

I can't even get the whole bike in the frame.
I'd really like to familiarize myself with mountain bikes more, so I'm glad that I'm getting an opportunity to work on one.  Someday it would be nice to add a mountain bike to my stable, so in the meantime I get to see exactly what I would be getting in to.  And hey, I got to ride a 29er for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise