20131223

Deck the Halls

Recently there has been a whole slew of amazing holiday ideas for those of us who love bikes a little too much.  It's been a hectic past couple of weeks, but I still managed to collect some of my favorites to share.  

I got one of these awesome little ornaments for Christmas last year, but ran out of time this year to make any of my own.  If you're curious though, check out how to here!  I especially love these because they don't have to be made specific to Christmas - there are many possible shapes, designs, and colors, so it's easy to make something for everybody.

Image via Bicitoro
For something a bit larger (and if you have a buttload of various sized wheels lying around), this awesome Christmas tree is a great idea.  I've also seen a mini one made out of a modified cassette.  Plus you don't have to water it.

Image via my hard drive - anyone have a source?
Or what about a Specialized Christmas Carol?  

Don't want to give up the smell of Christmas trees?  I don't blame you, and you can try this DIY bike wreath using any wheel/rim/light combination.  Who doesn't have at least one old rim lying around that you can't bring yourself to throw away?  

Image via Bike Bliss
In terms of mobile decorations, I've seen a lot of ideas floating around - garland, reindeer antlers, or even ornaments, but I am still a fan of adding Christmas lights to your ride.  How cool would it be to roll up to your annual neighborhood Christmas light ride on something like this? 

Image via Eleanor's NYC
And while it's not much nor is it very pretty, my little contribution this year was just good old bike parts on the tree.  

Mostly just lockrings.
It's still not too late to do any of these things, especially if you adhere to the holidays being celebrated until January 6th (or at least through New Years), but if not, there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise