20121018

The Award for Strangest Pursuit Bars Goes To...

I tend to find myself with the strangest of things.  Bicycles and bicycle components are no exception.

I know nothing about these bars except they say Technomic on them, and I was told they were a custom project from Nitto.  I have no idea on a year, model, or anything else really - they look like an early, early precursor to the legendary Nitto Tsubasa.   


Right now they're living on a fixed gear that I am building.  The adjustability makes them quite unique - they're pursuit bars that have quite a few possibilities as far as angles and configuration go.  Seeing as I love pursuit bars and weird things, they are a good fit. 

I might bring these to the bike expo here in November and see if anyone knows the backstory.

They remind me of a manta ray.  

2 comments:

  1. i know this is an old post but i mentioned seeing these bars to a friend and wanted to show him what i was talking about. the picture no longer shows soon the blog page. do you have the original photo still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sorry about that! I've been getting a lot of dead links on older posts and can't keep up with them. The photo should be back now.

      Delete

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise