20130708

Takhion Bar Plugs: To The Rescue!

Continuing on with The Wonderful Adventures of 3D Printing Bike Parts, there have been some update since the last post.

The headset caps are pretty much good to go, and I'm currently in the process of getting the mold ready for PVC injection.  So that's neat.

The bar plugs, however, are a different story.  Thankfully, I had help from some awesome people who saved me from doing everything completely wrong by providing me with schematics and an orphan bar cap for reference.

Looks like I have some work to do. 
It's pretty obvious I need to revisit this design and rework it.  I was going off of a spare plug I had lying around, which just doesn't cut it.  

Well, oops.
Revisions will be done this weekend and submitted for a second prototype batch.  In the meantime, if you're waiting on a headset cap, hang tight - they're coming soon!

Poor orphaned bar cap.
I'm still blown away by the kindness of the internet cycling community.  I never would have thought I'd receive so much support and help with this.  You guys rock.  

In completely unrelated news, I was featured in an article regarding my commute in one of the world's major tech hubs.  Check it out if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise