20150207

More Fork Progress

Last weekend I did some reinforcing of this fork with brass fillets to make a smoother transition between the crown and the blades and to strengthen the fork overall.

Sturdy.
There's one small area that I want to add a bit more material to, but so far it's looking like this test fork is pretty much in the bag.  

I also put the finishing touches on the touring frame last week, which included three sets of water bottle bosses.  

I'm getting better with temperature control during silver brazing.  It's not covered in char this time!
It's really weird to think this frame is almost done.  I might be able to take it for paint fairly soon.  Amazing what having working welding equipment does for productivity!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise