20140215

Tapped Out

It was a bit of a chore, but after a good re-tapping and facing this Takhion finally got the bottom bracket installed!

A great BB on a beautiful BB shell. 
It seemed like the issue was just too much paint gummed up in the threads, which was no problem for Tom at Velotech to tackle with his Campy Italian taps.  I also got to see a really cool bottom bracket tool that I'd only ever seen online:

This one is made by Stein.  I definitely have to find one of these.
The Vintage Suntour Superbe Pro BB feels great, and now that it's been successfully installed the next step is the wheelset.  Looks like I've got some lacing ahead of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise