20140520

Takhion Headset Caps: IT'S GETTING REAL

I know it's been a while.  There was a period of about six months where I had to throw my hands up in the air in frustration and give up because the logistics of this project had become too crazy.  But I hadn't forgotten, and I had kept trying behind the scenes.

To make a long story short, I was stopped in my tracks due to three things: PVC injection molding is kind of really dangerous and lots of companies won't do it anymore, the file format required was being a pain in the butt, and the cost had skyrocketed to the point where I couldn't continue working on this and also afford groceries.

But then a few things happened.  A few good things.  Here's the old cap:


Sad.
 And here's the new prototype:


BAM
There are a few small edits that I need to make - the cap is just a millimeter shy of being wide enough, and the logo itself needs to be rescaled and made more circular.  

Here's the good news though - while this isn't PVC and therefore not 100% accurate, this is pretty close, and most importantly it's really affordable to make.  Meaning I can make them available to people that need them! 

Fingers crossed that the next iteration is the last and I'll be able to offer them for sale by the end of June!

And, this means that next will be Takhion Bar Plugs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your bike related thoughts!

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise